well I don't, if I say I don't like a movie then I don't like the movie, i disagree with the spill crew quite a lot, especially with django unchained and zero dark thirty, so (once again)if you think im just insulting a popular movie for attention you are wrong, i just dont like the damn movie.
"If you hated it to begin with... why did you spend money to watch it again? To hate it some more? God, you people are so predictably pathetic..." my nephew wanted to see it and his parents were too busy to take him, what am I supposed to do not take her?
Hey, I want to ask your opinion on a film critic I personally really like: A little-known critic named Dustin Putman. Sometimes his reviews can definitely go against the grain, and I don't always agree with him, but I find him to be a very honest critic and I actually friended him on Facebook and found him to be a very nice person. I thought I'd show you his essay for the films of2011, I already know there are some choices you will disagree on (remember: I still need to see The Tree of Life, but his opinion on it has not changed my interest in it...), but I just want to see what you think: http://www.dustinputman.com/essays_2011bestworst.htm
I can't believe I forgot about The Master. The new PTA film! That automatically gets me excited for it. By the way, I just saw Chronicle, and holy shit was that amazing. Let me know when you see it and what you think.
So I hear you saw The Artist.... Glad you loved it! It's #5 on my top ten of 2011.
By the way, what are some movies you're looking forward to this year? Some of the ones I'm excited for include: The Dark Knight Rises, The Avengers, Project X, American Reunion, Django Unchained, and Chronicle (that last one is actually coming out this weekend, and it will also probably be the first 2012 I see, I haven't seen any 2012 movies yet, and it's almost been a whole month, I feel like a slacker...).
1. What is your defense (if any) for Jar Jar Binks?
2. The famous review from Red Letter Media brings up that the characters in Phantom Menace are nowhere near as developed as the characters in the original trilogy. Do you agree with this? If so, would you say this lack of development is a large flaw of the film?
3. A personal flaw I have with the prequels (but no one else does, apparently) is that despite Anakin being the chosen one or whatever, he does not seem more powerful, and in fact seems weaker, than his fellow Jedi. I feel that he could have been portrayed having an uncanny mastery over the force, yet still have felt limited by the light side, especially when he learns that Padme is going to die. What are your thoughts on this?
4. Padme dying because "she lost the will to live", despite being physically fine, was a huge huge problem for me. Do you agree, if not why?
5. What do you feel are these "ridiculous reasons" people hate the prequels?
6. I've often said that I'd have forgiven all the flaws of the prequels if, before Anakin killed all the kids, he fought off like.....7-12 fully trained Jedi Knights. Do you agree with this idea, if not why?
So I recently watched the Star Wars movies again (all of them) and I was wondering.....are you ever going to post a blog/discussion about why you like the prequels so much? I'm kind of looking forward to discussing them with you.
So I see you added Super to your Favorites list. I heard mixed things about it, and that it's pretty messed up. I do have interest in it. I hear it's supposed to be a really dark and fucked-up comedy. What's your take on it?