If it's crap ... We'll tell you
The patrons of Spill.com should have expected something like this. We all watch movies, TV shows, and listen to music so it's natural for us to have a "Best Of" or "Worst Of." But what about the one piece of entertainment that makes us different from the others and bond like a community? That's right, Spill.com deserves it's own Best Of list for their wonderful podcasts. For ACOCO, I'm a bit biased with which ones I enjoy the most, and for LEOG it's really, REALLY hard for me to choose ones that stick out because I found them all regularly funny on the same level. And I know you may say "This is too damn late!" but, Spill is still having problems with uploading their "Favorites" Podcasts, and we all know we'll accept that whenever it comes.
Now I know what you guys and gals are immediately thinking. "The Spill Crew always delivers comedy! Why would you demean their other podcasts!?" And I won't deny that the fact that they are funny. But this blog I think is good to make a light on some of the older shows we may have missed.This isn't really to put one podcast over the other, it's to just give respect from the DAYS worth of comedies they gave. (About 50 Podcasts every Year, 2 to 2 and 1/2 hours long each, do the math) If you peel through the archives and listen to the shows again, you'll still be gobsmacked over what things you may hear, learn, and double over laughing.
(We'll be saying the word BS over and over here, so just be prepared if you are under 14. No worries, I know you'll do the right thing)
And why Top 11? Well, that's what Co-Host does. And like LDT, this will be a long blog filled with companion videos. So, as the title says, LET'S DOOOOOOOOOO THIS!!!!!
/insert GET TO DA CHOPPA here.
11. February 10th - Catch the 3:10 to Bullshit, as we kick off this epic list with some drunken goodness. Listen to the joys of crazy stories with Korey's family, a teenaged pimp, Megan Fox, reflections on how good MTV used to be, Mr. Pruaine2Forever, and the usual loopy conversations with YOUR e-mails. And we learn about a new member who joins Korey's Rogue's Gallery: Rubin the Handyman!
10. February 17th - I can't stop listening to this show like fat people can't stop eating clown food! Why did I say that? Well this episode has a fun conversation over fat people, focusing on Kevin Smith's airport shenanigans months ago. And along with it, they talk about funny stories with road trips to Mardi Gras, a high school friend of Co-Host's, making short films, and those damn silly costumes people wear for Tax Companies. And to cap it off, is the end all story with Rubin, that has had me nearly caused me to get pulled over from laughing so hard. I'll admit, this episode would be further down the list if I could find the podcast again. (Can't find it AT ALL on the website)
9. January 13th - GET THE FUNK UP with this heaping helping of bullshit. Hear the stories this time about a famous friend of the dynamic duo, discussions over Spiderman and Stan Lee, the crazy habit of a famous actor, Transformers, Avatar and don't forget about Gumby Damnit! And even though this website is about some geeky activities, Korey and Co-Host talk about Sports in an awesome way. It's just a sample of the POWER of Thought-Fuckin'!
8. March 4th/5th - Heat up your lap and sail the seas of bullshit with this wonderful two-parter. (But that isn't to surprising, these are mostly two-parters) Listen to these guys have fun talks about Ren and Stimpy, Cops, Howard Stern, Invader Zim, Abraham Lincoln, Mighty Mouse, and more laughing at Stan Lee and Marvel. It doesn't end there either, as Co-Host tells stories about the Rocky Horror Picture Show and how "He's really fucking lucky." This also includes e-mails and MISTER TAMBOURINE MAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!
7. September 1st - Take your computer, turn on some Auto-Tune, and then throw it in a pile of bullshit was this long, epic episode of Let's Do This! The dynamic duo return to talk about an old enemy of there's, The Colonel, and continue on with discussions about Diet Sodas, Chef Boyardee, Scarring, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Stories about experiences with cats, and it doesn't even end there! We also get e-mails about movie hopping, the treatment of animals, and Co-Host shows off his amazing beat-boxing talents!
6. December 22nd - This episode is about the joys of Christmas, and that includes getting your stocking stuffed with some reckless, immature BULLSHIT. To kick off this two-and-a-half hour epic, the brothers in bullshit talk about Blackwolf The Dragonmaster, Renaissance Fairs and Elf Tits...AND IT CONTINUES ON! We also got Hilarious Drunk Santa Stories, A crazy woman in The Bronx at the chicken shack, your e-mails, and Korey get some heartfelt presents from a great fan and Mr. Co-Host 3000 (And it comes with Free Leon Bashing!)
5. November 24th - This particular show is very appropriate, because it's all about THANKSGIVING! And eating always leads to one specific reaction...this show, we talk about fat people and the stuff they get at buffets, and the HodgePodge gets epically fooled. We then talk about Korey's amazing powers of stealth farting and pooing, and storiess where the two have really had to the bathroom badly or felt very relieved after going. Include a random segway about a kid with a head like RoboCop and you get the Empire Strikes Back of this Holiday LDT Trio!
I cannot find a video completely related to this, but I hope this entertains just as much.
4. November 4th - This very special Let's Do This takes place in the middle of HELLHOUSE, TEXAS as the Bullshit Train careens off it's normal path. But while there, Co-Host tells about his crazy experience in a church with terrifying skits, while Korey, dazed and sleepless, goes to fight zombies. But Halloween isn't all scary stories, as they talk about Jack-in-the-Box Hamburgers, two particular black celebrities, Celebutaunts, Preacher...wait...those are all scary. But like Drag Me To Hell, you will laugh and be terrified at the same time.
3. September 8th - Get chopped and screwed by the Bullshit Train as it stops at EVERY THOUGHT in this episode! This time LDT is Unstoppable but instead of Denzel Washington, we have Korey Coleman guiding this train! They talk on subjects from crazy directors with catch-me-fuck-me-glasses, Timebandits, a funny scene from Requiem For A Dream, The Deaf, Rape, Spiderman 3, and what the hell, SCATMAN CARUTHERS! But Part 2 brings it all around, as Korey and Co-Host get properly sampled, they talk about two fat slags on Britain's Got Talent, Burning the Koran, E-mails, and Co-Host drops some fat beats! Do yourself a favor and entertain yourselves! (And go to BlackBeltJones's Page)
2. June 16th - A legendary pile of bullshit to epic proportions! A extra special, platinum episode of Let's Do This where they talk about some of the funniest news articles and viral videos this long-time listener has heard. The robot and the black man discussion the origins of Samuel L. Jackson, we meet Korey's friend Sammy, and then it's followed by literal roll-on-the-floor laughing commentary about Eatin' Da Poo Poo and Drunken Negro Face Cookies. I think I listened to this podcast about, 6 times the week it came out because I couldn't stop laughing at what these two were saying, including Co-Host's usual insensitive remarks. Follow that up with questions, including the age-old-favorite of "Hottest Cartoon Chick" and you have one of the best episodes of this wonderful podcast.
And now ladies and gentleman, we get to our best episode. There were a lot of great contenders and we have mentioned some fantastic ones. The Number 1 Let's Do this of 2010 is...
1. August 4th - The episode everyone wanted to hear after Korey's Emotional Dam cracked, and he let out his true feelings of if he would stay with the site. The Spilldos gathered together, showed him we care, and in return we got THE BEST episode of Let's Do This of this year. And not only is it heartfelt, but it's hysterically funny, as Korey and Co-Host talk about a myriad of bullshit, A scene from The Human Tornado, a Crab in a Pimpsuit (Half-True), the God of War series and a great point to the debate of "Video Games Being Art." But this just planted the seeds of bullshit to a big old bullshit tree! That was cut into boards to lay out directions for the bullshit train!
Korey then goes on to explain his adventures at The Warped Tour and times at the airport. But to climax at this episode, the two talk about a soon to be reoccurring joke of the show, Mr. Antoine Dodson! And not only do they cover the song, but they cover his sister, the news report, AND his future adventures as you'll hear. Followed that up with some ROCKIN' and ROLLIN' and there you have it.
Let's Do This is just one of the small things that makes Spill.com so great, but it has it's own community and system of providing entertainment. That's why I wanted to bring this blog to everyone's attention. Everyone loves a comedian and listening to his/her stories, but we all know some of those wonderful jokes happen to slip through the cracks. In this age where all of this wonderful dialogue can be recorded, I implore everyone to reflect on the people who made you laugh and really appreciate them.
Hell, if this one goes successful enough, I could backtrack and pick a best "Let's Do This" of 2009...Anyway, thank you Spill!