If it's crap ... We'll tell you
Good summation on what I think has been a WAY overblown criticism of Man of Steel with the ending fight, destruction and End of Certain character
As for the Avengers that SPILL crew love to keep bringing up, apart from being a film that leaves me at time incredibly bored, then hating it, back to it being just dull (in my opinion, and thats as someone who likes all Marvel films except Ironman 2 & Whedon fan), its big fight -
* Is basically refined to practically ONE GODDAM STREET, with few around it in air fights, for majority of fight! It all takes place near stark tower and train station. Aliens- "Hay should we like, spread out or something? Nah!"
* Aliens managed to destroy VERY little- Look at the film again; despite all the Stormtrooper aliens, giant serpents, lasers, damage basically consists of of broken windows with some small explosions/fire, some chipped buildings and roads, broken cars with smoke. MARVEL did everything but actively show ppl GI Joe-ing with parachutes out of danger. Now it easily could be claimed that this was intentional by the aliens as they want to conquer, not destroy infrastructure, BUUUT Zod didnt give a F'ck about that! He was going wipe it all out, first by Weapon, then by hand after that was gone, cant apply same excuse to him. At no point did it really feel like ppl were in danger in Avengers especially because-
* Stormtrooper Aliens- bunch of generic, pretty weak Aliens that are taken out in swarms, even by normal guy & girl. OH and can be turned off Phantom Menace style LOL.
* Hay, no prob killing aliens, i mean its not like they possibly are people in any way, nah. All hate cause Supes had to do what he had to do (He did it in Sup 2, 4, in comics, OMG Smallville was insane!), but Marvel heroes apparently dont give a crap
* Loki- most ineffectual super-villian ever! guy never poses a threat entire film! His entire motivation is Street Fighter Meme of "OF COURSE!" used often by Nostalgia Critic & Spoony
* HOW MANY TIMES could these guys just sit back and talk in this fight!!! its insane! One point Hawkeye just arrowing baddies as he casually talks Ironman and shoots behind him without looking! Want know why fight can feel relentless in MOS, because it was almost constantly ON, Avengers apparently never took fight seriously cause there is so many breaks its insane. Its why constantly afford to have brief snippits of side characters who are all safe, to watch the news telling us its bad as ppl kinda walk fast in background behnd reporters.
* Its pretty obvious that none of the characters in Avengers matched any of the Kryptonians once powered in MOS, Thor's hammer with its lightning prob pack a wallop, But thats about it. So what was meant to happen when these Krypt's got to fighting hmm?
* Again- YAY! luckily brainwashed guy some how built in failsafe and EVIL council gave Ironman a Nuke to Kill Phantom Menace spaceship so all aliens die at once as he falls in Space back through closing portal.
* OH BUT THEY ACKNOWLEDGE death toll you say, unlike naughty MOS? This seems to be mantra now. Really? You mean the THREE screens shown in a Pan of monitors- 1) few ppl briefly putting flowers near photos, 2) CU of candles, 3) Few ppl lighting candles, all surrounded; way out numbered, by ppl celebrating, parades, guy gettin a shave, tattoos,Talking-heads, and very few showing or saying negative things about destruction, or Hulk=Zero sign? They dont even mention death toll! None previous scenes really imply much of one either (in terms of Alien Invasion/Attack) The Scene even begins with shot of central park and everything looks okay, this is only short time later it would seem, but according to vids its a-ok to have bloody parades!
So MOS tries something different, goes to show consequences of true Super-powered individuals fighting, one trying be Hero (still Newbie) and bunch genetically engineered warriors who want to wipe out humanity, so they show the true destruction that would occur; destruction that happens consistantly in comics and cartoons, and ton critics suddenly lose their balls it seems and get their panties in a twist cause Superman couldn't save everyone and too much damage? What happened to complaints of Superman being over-powered? Not being vunerable and able to everything? Of there being no action in his films, or his villains being laughable (LAND!!!). Apparently everyone thinks if Supes flew off Zod would just follow him? Why? We dont know that; he himself (almost death by cop at this point) said he was a killer and wants to kill as many as possible now his plans ruined. Zod prob knows if he just stays behind in City and starts killing ppl Supes would have to come back after him, I mean there was no garrentee even with more campy (thou fun) Zod in Sup2 would follow, and THAT took time, they didnt immediately follow him. Zod is a bloody general in the army! - i think he'd know lil about strategy and exploiting ppl's weaknesses