Hey Spill Nation,
Some of you may have noticed that we’ve been making some changes to Spill, especially to our home page. One of those additions is the “Featured Community Blogs” section.
So you write great blogs and you’re thinking, “How do I get into that section?”
It’s easy…write great sh*t! Of course now you're asking "Well, what makes great sh*t?" Glad you asked, and to answer your question we’ve come up with some guidelines to help you out. They're pretty simple:
• As far as news goes, you can post it all you want, but if you’re just reporting some news you found on another great site, we’re not going to feature it. Exceptions will be made for some great obscure news bits.
• However, if you write a great opinion piece on some timely news, then yeah, you’ll make it to the front page. In true Spill fashion, the more personality you put your post the better. Be imaginative, funny, or just plain snarky. Just remember, offensive and snarky are two totally different things; you won’t get rewarded just for acting like a jackass.
• If you read someone else’s post and have your own opinion or want to write something related, go for it! If we think it’s creative and presents a unique point-of-view, you’ll get featured.
• Of course, any sort of creative post or list will be noticed, especially if it’s topical. For instance, if it’s based around a theme or actor in a movie coming out that week or even the week after. Holidays and news-related lists and posts are great too. Get creative and have fun!
• Reviews! If you have great insight on a recent DVD or theatrical release, write it up. You can love it or hate it; a great opinion that’s well thought out and well written is what counts and exactly what we want.
NOTE: If your post is WICKED awesome, you'll make it to our COOL SH*T section too!
So, we hope this clarifies some things about the site and we hope you like our new look! So why are still staring at the screen? GET POSTING!