If it's crap ... We'll tell you
I’m probably the worst person to ask this question right now, since I haven’t even seen The Dark Knight Rises yet, but from the 7 Batman movies that have so far been released, which are your favorite villains?
1) Heath Ledger’s Joker – I’m pretty sure most people are gonna have this as their number 1. I’ve talked a lot about this character on my most recent blog ‘Top 5 Villains of the 2000s’ so I’m not gonna mention why I’m so in love with this performance here.
2) Aaron Eckhart’s Two-Face – Really loved how brilliantly they developed this character over just one film and how tragically they ended his story. Also appreciated that they made him a burn victim instead of the whole ‘chemical accident’ thing.
3) Liam Neeson’s Ra’s Al Ghul – This was a villain I hardly knew anything about before watching this movie, and in my opinion he’s much more interesting in Nolan’s film than he is in any other incarnation.
4) Jim Carrey’s The Riddler – As annoying as he could be at times, I have to admit that Carrey was the perfect choice to play this character. For what it was trying to be, this performance was pretty damn good. And his costume looked awesome.
5) Danny Devito’s The Penguin – In my opinion, this is probably Batman’s most boring villain. Devito’s portrayal of him, however, was so disgusting, vile, perverted, and creepy that I just had to take notice.
This list might change after I actually watch TDKR. Or at least, I fucking hope it does. You better be awesome, Tom Hardy.
Bronson... I mean Bane.
Bane and Penguin
My favourite batman nemesis, interesting question. How does one rate villainy? I'd have to plump with this guy after a long and hard deliberation (not really)
They way he treated poor batman in 'the dark knight rises' i thought "there's an evil doer in gotham city that has absolutely no respect for the caped crusader!" Most villains in films are given say roughly half the movie (the perfect balance of good and evil)
This guy had the whole movie to pull of his dastardly shennanegans. \../
Dude, we get it; you hate The Dark Knight Rises when almost everyone else doesn't, so you feel obligated to trash it every chance you get. At this point, you're only making yourself out to be an attention-whore that wants everyone to see that you're going against a popular opinion, as if you think that's a way to make you look smart. Well, it doesn't.
when the forums are choked with dark knight this and dark knight that, of course I'm going to repeatedly voice my trashy opinion. If you think this makes me an attention whore... well bully for you, If I could care less I WOULD.
And who says I'm trying to make myself look smart? I sure as shit don't.
WIND YOUR NECK IN ALREADY \../
Point out every chance I get.
I bet it's miniscule compared to the No of dark knight threads
You at least articulate your opinion on the movie well enough for me to respect it, and almost all your posts have been responses to other people's criticisms to chime in, not single posts to show off how much you hate it.
And to be clear, I greatly enjoyed the movie, but I am by no means one of the fanboys that is blind to all of the flaws. I just happen to be really bothered by people who parade around and boast their opinion in a pretentious fashion when they already made it clear in their original review, without articulation or expansion.
Sorry if I went too far, Artie, but it's just a pet peeve of mine.
Dude has creepy eyes...
I'd do him in drag. No regrets.
Haha awesome response.