At the end of this month, is every podcast, audio review, and video review, fan art etc. just going to disappear? Will there be any way to listen to any of the podcasts after the site shuts down? That's ridiculous! There's has to be an archive…See More
McCain is a safe choice? To me McCain is just another Bush based on his policies:
1. Investing trillions of dollars into the Iraq war, which is now killing the American economy and choking the middle class people by the neck.
2. No plan for universal health care.
3.Giving tax breaks to the rich.
4. Favoring and giving tax breaks to big oil companies.
I'm not even sure if even understands what is going on in the Middle East based on this video.
But hey, who am I to tell you who to vote for? So you got to do the old fashion research yourself.
Many officials who are in charge of our national defense can't even tell the difference between a Shia and Sunni. They don't understand the Middle Eastern beliefs, culture and politics. That's why it is such a mess over there.When you fight blind folded with loaded gun, you're bound to hurt anybody without regards to whether they are friend or foe.
Anyways, Shia and Sunni have the same fundamental religious beliefs. The two groups separated based on conflicts of political beliefs. After the death of the Prophet of Mohammad, the Shia and Sunni argued over who should be the successor. Currently the majority of muslims is Sunni and the rest are Shia. The Shia faces discrimination and repression.
Why does this matter?
1. The Shia occupies the region of Iraq that contains oil-rich fields.
2. Iran is backing up the Shia. The Sunni fears the spreading influence of Iran.
This will likely result in a civil war in Iraq and the attempt to build a democracy in Iraq becomes futile. Thus it refutes the claims that the Bush administration have been saying that Iraq will be stable.